The Museum of Anthropology maintains a number of databases containing information on the Museum's collections. These databases are available online for educational and research purposes. Information in the Museum of Anthropology collection databases may be used by individuals or groups for education and research, but may not be repackaged, resold, or redistributed in any form without the written consent of the University of Missouri Museum of Anthropology.
Database Descriptions and Links
- General Collection (opens a new window)
Object descriptions and images for items in the Museum's ethnographic and historical collections, as well as a portion of the Museum's archaeological collections.
- Grayson Collection (opens a new window)
Object descriptions and images for items in the Museum's Grayson Archery Collection.
- Grayson Library (opens a new window)
A catalog of archival and library materials associated with the Grayson Archery collection.
- Eichenberger Cast Collection (opens a new window)
A listing of items in the Museum's Eichenberger archaeological cast collection.
- Also available are the American Archaeology Division's online databases.
Accuracy and Updates
Although we make every attempt to provide reliable identification and descriptions of collections in our databases, we cannot guarantee complete accuracy of these data. Museum collections are currently being inventoried, recataloged, and rehoused, and data and images in the collection databases are being revised and added to on a daily basis. The Web versions of our databases are updated monthly to provide users with the most current data available.
Tips for Using the Museum Databases
- Enter search terms into one or more fields and click the "Perform Find" button in the status area on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Use the book icon in the status area to move from one record to another in the found set.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to return to find mode and perform additional searches.
- When finished working with a database, please be sure to click the "Log Out" button in the status area to close your session.
- For additional assistance, contact the Museum at
Museum of Anthropology, 100 Swallow Hall, Columbia, MO 65211-1440
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
For Museum Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org